3 detectives acquitted in Sean Bell case2008-04-26 19:17:28 (GMT) (Caymanmama.com - News)
New York, NY (CaymanMama.com) — CNN reported that after a Queens judge acquitted three detectives involved in the killing of Sean Bell, federal officials have announced that they are going to conduct a case review, as the verdict is meeting indignation and protests. The Department of Justice announced that the FBI and the US Eastern District office of the attorney, Brooklyn will be conducting an “independent review into the facts and circumstances” of the case to check whether the prosecution of the federal civil rights was warranted.
Rev. Al Sharpton criticized the verdict and promised to follow a non-violent protest that will be shutting down the city. He said “We are coming back to demonstrate to the federal government that New Yorkers will not take this abortion of justice lying down…We are going to close the city down in a nonviolent, effective way.”
Parents and fiancée of Bell left the court after the verdict without any comments with Sharpton, and visited the grave of Bell at the Nassau Knolls Cemetery. 43-year old Antonie Johnson, living in the Liverpool Street, Jamaica said, “This was a travesty. This tells black males that our lives are devalued.”
The three convicted detectives were 36 year old Michael Oliver, 29-year old Gescard Isnora and 40-year old Marc Cooper. They were charged with manslaughter, assault, misdemeanour and reckless endangerment.
CaymanMama.com - Press Release Distribution Service
- Child Custody: A Guide to the Holidays for Separated and Divorced Parents
- Raleigh Divorce Lawyers Create Web Portal with Info on North Carolina Family Law
- Child Support in North Carolina: Part I
- Be Instantly Accessible With The Right Legal Website Design
- Vlogging an Emerging Internet Marketing Trend for Lawyers
- The Importance of a Law Firm’s website URL For SEO
- SEO Maybe the Most Cost Effective Marketing for Lawyers
- Simple Steps for Great Law Firm Internet Marketing
- Weighing SEO and PPC for Law Firm Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Reaches Audience More Effectively