First Family gets taste of home hiring Chicago chef2009-02-02 23:44:08 (GMT) (Caymanmama.com - Food News)
Sam Kass is making his way to Washington D.C. to cook for President Obama, who was his former boss while Kass worked as his personal chef in at the family’s home in Hyde Park, Illinois
Chicago, Illinois (CaymanMama.com) — Miles away from the comforts of home, the First Family still has a taste for the cooking they enjoyed in Chicago.
Sam Kass is making his way to Washington D.C. to cook for President Obama, who was his former boss while Kass worked as his personal chef in at the family’s home in Hyde Park, Illinois. Kass, 28, will be part of a team of three assistant chefs under White House executive chef Cristeta Comerford.
The Obamas, “like straight-ahead, honest, simple food, and that’s his specialty,” says Kass’s former boss, Paul Kahan, the chef-owner of both Blackbird the Mediterranean eatery Avec, where Kass was an up-and-coming chef.
After leaving Avec, Kass began Inevitable Table, a private chef service dedicated to promoting “a healthy lifestyle that focuses on the quality and flavor of food to encourage good eating habits.”
The menu for the First Family will be sure to please. The chef’s signature dishes include ancho-chili-rubbed pork loin with rapini and polenta, as well as thyme-and-lemon marinated roasted chicken, with Swiss chard and fingerling potatoes.
Kass’ kids’ menu will delight Malia and Sasha with spaghetti with tomato sauce and broccoli, and fresh-pressed juices.
“He’s been cooking for them for a fairly long time. He’s passionate about food and where food comes from. And he’s a really righteous guy and an excellent cook,” Kahan told People Magazine.
CaymanMama.com - Press Release Distribution Service
- Child Custody: A Guide to the Holidays for Separated and Divorced Parents
- Raleigh Divorce Lawyers Create Web Portal with Info on North Carolina Family Law
- Child Support in North Carolina: Part I
- Be Instantly Accessible With The Right Legal Website Design
- Vlogging an Emerging Internet Marketing Trend for Lawyers
- The Importance of a Law Firm’s website URL For SEO
- SEO Maybe the Most Cost Effective Marketing for Lawyers
- Simple Steps for Great Law Firm Internet Marketing
- Weighing SEO and PPC for Law Firm Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Reaches Audience More Effectively