Dallas Business News: 7-Eleven cutting 200 jobs2009-02-06 20:51:28 (GMT) (Caymanmama.com - Business News)
7-Eleven Inc. announced Friday its plans to eliminate 200 positions from its workforce, and the suspension of 401(k) contributions to lessen additional job cuts
Oak Cliff, Texas (CaymanMama.com) –Another Dallas-based corporation is suffering under the heavy pressure of the nation’s economic recession. 7-Eleven Inc. announced Friday its plans to eliminate 200 positions from its workforce, and the suspension of 401(k) contributions to lessen additional job cuts.
The job eliminations will not affect the stores, the company confirmed. The jobs being eliminated will affect Dallas corporate and other non-store operations throughout the U.S. and Canada, making up for 10 percent of 7-Eleven’s non-store workforce.
The company’s management informed employees Thursday that it will also be suspending merit pay increases and decreasing incentive compensation for most positions.
7-Eleven employees who will be losing their jobs will receive financial assistance during this hard time including severance and outplacement services, the company said.
Consumers are spending less and while 7-Eleven stores have “fared better than many other retailers, we have not been immune to the slowdown of the economy,” said spokeswoman Margaret Chabris.
Get your Dallas Business in News - CaymanMama.com Business News Service
CaymanMama.com - Press Release Distribution Service
- Child Custody: A Guide to the Holidays for Separated and Divorced Parents
- Raleigh Divorce Lawyers Create Web Portal with Info on North Carolina Family Law
- Child Support in North Carolina: Part I
- Be Instantly Accessible With The Right Legal Website Design
- Vlogging an Emerging Internet Marketing Trend for Lawyers
- The Importance of a Law Firm’s website URL For SEO
- SEO Maybe the Most Cost Effective Marketing for Lawyers
- Simple Steps for Great Law Firm Internet Marketing
- Weighing SEO and PPC for Law Firm Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Reaches Audience More Effectively