Clint Eastwood a top honoree at Cannes film festival2009-02-26 22:25:21 (GMT) (Caymanmama.com - Entertainment News)
Clint Eastwood has long been a top name in the entertainment industry. At the Cannes film festival, Eastwood received a special top honor — some three months before the launch of the festival in the Riviera.
Memphis, Tennessee (CaymanMama.com) — Clint Eastwood has long been a top name in the entertainment industry. At the Cannes film festival, Eastwood received a special top honor — some three months before the launch of the festival in the Riviera.
Festival President Gilles Jacob presented Eastwood with the Palme d’Or, or Golden Palm, during a private ceremony on Wednesday.
A festival statement said the honor is due to “the talent of a grand master at the summit of his craft.” Jacob said it also was a “testimony of my admiration and a quarter-century of complicity.”
“I’m very flattered,” said Eastwood.
The actor, 78, praised the support he received from French filmmakers who “encouraged me to go on” when he made his directorial debut in 1970, “and where in my own country people were much more reticent.”
“People were saying we’re not even sure we like this guy as an actor much less as a director,” Eastwood said during his acceptance speech.
Eastwood is currently in Paris to promote his latest movie, “Gran Torino”.
CaymanMama.com - Press Release Distribution Service
- Child Custody: A Guide to the Holidays for Separated and Divorced Parents
- Raleigh Divorce Lawyers Create Web Portal with Info on North Carolina Family Law
- Child Support in North Carolina: Part I
- Be Instantly Accessible With The Right Legal Website Design
- Vlogging an Emerging Internet Marketing Trend for Lawyers
- The Importance of a Law Firm’s website URL For SEO
- SEO Maybe the Most Cost Effective Marketing for Lawyers
- Simple Steps for Great Law Firm Internet Marketing
- Weighing SEO and PPC for Law Firm Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Reaches Audience More Effectively