Celebrities Put the Spotlight on Various Aspects of Addiction2010-01-19 04:26:56 (GMT) (Caymanmama.com - Press Release World News News)
Quebec, Canada (CaymanMama.com) — Recent occurrences in the lives of several celebrities have highlighted the widespread problem with addiction.
Although addictive behavior is nothing new to the Hollywood scene, a string of recent celebrity deaths, arrests, and questionable behaviors have shed a new light on the issue, and the implications it has for those with a problem and their loved ones.
Canada rehab center Chatsworth Pavilion presents five warning signs of an addiction that may aid in helping spot addictive behaviors in loved ones that may potentially be life saving.
Spotting a Pattern
Addiction can be extremely complex. Shows like “Celebrity Rehab” and the recent heavy media focus on the antics of famous individuals like Tiger Woods, the late Casey Johnson, and Mark McGuire may be viewed as nothing more than just story headlines. Celebrities with addiction problems often exhibit patterns of behavior that if addressed in a timely manner, can stop potential damage to one’s reputation or save their life. These warning signs may include:
• Sudden change in personality – Many individuals struggling with an addiction may show a dramatic change in their personality that negatively affects their relationships.
• Negative change in physical appearance – An addiction to drugs is often linked to poor hygiene, a decrease in energy, poor sleeping habits, dental problems, and other issues that may become more noticeable over time.
• Unusual reactions to certain situations – People with an addictive disorder may become easily excitable, agitated, or overreact to mild situations.
• Depression – Depression is a common condition experienced by addicts prior to their developing addictive behaviors; however abuse of things such as drugs or alcohol can make depression more obvious or make it worse.
• Unexplained changes in weight – Sudden weight loss or weight gain that is not explained by a change in diet or exercise habits may be a sign of an illness or addiction to drugs or alcohol.
There are a number of signs of an addiction that accompany the various forms of an addiction problem. Some may be less obvious than others, but if one suspects that their loved one may be struggling with alcohol or substance abuse, sex addiction, or other addiction issue, it is important that this be addressed as soon as possible.
For more information about addiction rehabilitation please visit http://www.chatsworthpavilion.com, or call 1-866-866-5021 to speak to someone directly about program options.
CaymanMama.com - Press Release Distribution Service
- Child Custody: A Guide to the Holidays for Separated and Divorced Parents
- Raleigh Divorce Lawyers Create Web Portal with Info on North Carolina Family Law
- Child Support in North Carolina: Part I
- Be Instantly Accessible With The Right Legal Website Design
- Vlogging an Emerging Internet Marketing Trend for Lawyers
- The Importance of a Law Firm’s website URL For SEO
- SEO Maybe the Most Cost Effective Marketing for Lawyers
- Simple Steps for Great Law Firm Internet Marketing
- Weighing SEO and PPC for Law Firm Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Reaches Audience More Effectively