70 Injured in NY Ferry Accident2013-01-17 06:26:49 (GMT) (Caymanmama.com - News Providers News)
01/15/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, NY — An accident involving a commuter ferry at a dock near New York’s Financial District has left 70 people injured, including two who suffered critical injuries. The accident occurred at Pier 11, just before 9 a.m., Wednesday, January 9, 2013, ABC News reports.
According to initial reports, the ferry was carrying 326 people, including two crew members, when it slammed into the dock and threw the passengers about the vessel.
The ferry originated from Highlands, N.J. and was on its way to Wall Street when the accident occurred.
One of the critically injured people was reportedly thrown down the stairs, where he hit his head on a window when the crash occurred.
It is unknown at this time what caused the ferry to slam into the dock. The impact also left a large gash into the bow of the vessel.
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) is investigating the ferry accident.
Drug and alcohol tests were conducted on the captain and the crew. Everyone had passed the breathalyzer tests, but the blood tests would take several days.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York personal injury lawyers.
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
CaymanMama.com - Press Release Distribution Service
- Child Custody: A Guide to the Holidays for Separated and Divorced Parents
- Raleigh Divorce Lawyers Create Web Portal with Info on North Carolina Family Law
- Child Support in North Carolina: Part I
- Be Instantly Accessible With The Right Legal Website Design
- Vlogging an Emerging Internet Marketing Trend for Lawyers
- The Importance of a Law Firm’s website URL For SEO
- SEO Maybe the Most Cost Effective Marketing for Lawyers
- Simple Steps for Great Law Firm Internet Marketing
- Weighing SEO and PPC for Law Firm Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Reaches Audience More Effectively