Valentine’s Day Offers Pitfalls and Opportunities for Troubled Couples2013-02-14 01:56:16 (GMT) (Caymanmama.com - News Providers News)
02/07/2013 (press release: theinfogroup) // Dallas, Texas, USA // Mike Androvett
February 14 may be the day set aside for happy couples, but Dallas divorce lawyer Jeff Anderson says Valentine’s Day can be perilous for not-so-happy couples if not handled correctly.
“A 2011 study found that referrals to divorce lawyers tend to spike around Valentine’s Day, and that’s not surprising,” says Mr. Anderson, a partner in the Dallas-based Family Law firm of McCurley Orsinger McCurley Nelson & Downing, L.L.P. “The holiday brings out the romantic expectations in everyone, and when those expectations aren’t met, it can cause problems – particularly if the relationship is already on the rocks.”
Couples who are working through serious issues might be better off celebrating Valentine’s Day by re-committing to their marriage, getting counseling, and spending some quality time together, says Mr. Anderson.
“Roses, chocolates and expensive dinners are nice, but they’re often style over substance,” he says. “They’re no substitute for true communication, meaningful compromise, and mutual kindness.”
Mr. Anderson joined McCurley Orsinger in early 2012, after running his own Family Law firm for almost 20 years. He is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, a member of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, and a past member of the Texas Family Law Council.
Social Media Tags:divorce,dallas divorce lawyer, troubled couples, valentine s day, happy couples, jeff anderson, february 14,
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution – SubmitMyPressRelease.com
CaymanMama.com - Press Release Distribution Service
- Child Custody: A Guide to the Holidays for Separated and Divorced Parents
- Raleigh Divorce Lawyers Create Web Portal with Info on North Carolina Family Law
- Child Support in North Carolina: Part I
- Be Instantly Accessible With The Right Legal Website Design
- Vlogging an Emerging Internet Marketing Trend for Lawyers
- The Importance of a Law Firm’s website URL For SEO
- SEO Maybe the Most Cost Effective Marketing for Lawyers
- Simple Steps for Great Law Firm Internet Marketing
- Weighing SEO and PPC for Law Firm Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Reaches Audience More Effectively