Preventative Medicine Starts with Common Sense2013-03-16 01:13:20 (GMT) (Caymanmama.com - Health News Press Release News)
03/12/2013 (press release: brimm) // Deerfield, IL, USA // David Brimm
Measuring the effectiveness of disease prevention is like measuring how many sacks an offensive line prevents in football, according to Dr. Decker R. Weiss, NMD, FASA and co-host of “It’s Your Health and It Ain’t Rocket Science” radio talk show on RadioMD.com.
Dr. Decker and co-host Dr. Holly Lucille, ND, RN, explored whether it makes sense to demystify the medical research data that can often interfere with the efficacy of preventative practices.
“I think we have to raise the question whether it is possible to quantify preventative medicine. I like to think of it as common sense comprehension medicine. Healthcare professionals need to get out of the habit of using complicated vernacular terms for treatment options. Instead, they should be empowering patients to become their own healthcare providers,” proposed Dr. Lucille, a nationally recognized and licensed naturopathic doctor, educator, and natural products consultant.
Dr. Decker concurred, adding that in fields like cardiology, numbers are used to prove that a preventive treatment is effective. But when the math doesn’t add up, treatments, such as drugs, are brought into question.
“If there’s study that is conducted over a period of years, I tend to believe the data. But in preventative medicine, even with research, it is often hard to prove that a medication is effective. It often comes down to common sense,” said Dr. Decker, the first Naturopathic Physician to complete a conventional internship, residency, and fellowship in a conventional medical system.
“Preventative medicine is not complicated. But it requires patients to take personal responsibility, and walk the path of care along with their healthcare team,” said Dir. Lucille.
For more information, visit RadioMD.com.
Social Media Tags:RadioMD, Dr. Weiss, Dr. Lucille, Disease Prevention, preventative medicine,
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution - SubmitMyPressRelease.com
CaymanMama.com - Press Release Distribution Service
- Child Custody: A Guide to the Holidays for Separated and Divorced Parents
- Raleigh Divorce Lawyers Create Web Portal with Info on North Carolina Family Law
- Child Support in North Carolina: Part I
- Be Instantly Accessible With The Right Legal Website Design
- Vlogging an Emerging Internet Marketing Trend for Lawyers
- The Importance of a Law Firm’s website URL For SEO
- SEO Maybe the Most Cost Effective Marketing for Lawyers
- Simple Steps for Great Law Firm Internet Marketing
- Weighing SEO and PPC for Law Firm Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Reaches Audience More Effectively