Newspaper man would be proud2013-06-07 01:27:50 (GMT) (Caymanmama.com - Entertainment Press Release News)
06/05/2013 (press release: Field Mouse Books) // Palmer, NE, USA // Jean A. Lukesh
Eugene Field—newspaper columnist, author, children’s poet—would probably be pleased and proud to see the latest quick-reading literary biography about himself and his three favorite poems. That book, The Doorstep Orphan: Eugene Field and a Trilogy of His Best Loved Poems by Dr. Jean A. Lukesh, recently received three major book awards—two national honors and one Nebraska state award.
The Doorstep Orphan’s first national recognition came in the form of a Moonbeam Children’s Book Award by the Independent Book Publishers Association, early this year. Then on April 20, 2013, The Doorstep Orphan received a First Place book award from the Nebraska Press Women’s Association. That paved the way for entry in the national competition. There, the book won Second Place in the National Federation of Press Women’s (NFPW’s) book competition. That recognition will be given at the NFPW’s Annual Communication Conference on August 24 in Salt Lake City.
Dr. Lukesh will also have a new book released in July of this year: That book, Eagle of Delight: Portrait of the Plains Indian Girl in the White House, is a quick reading biography of a teen-age Otoe-Missouria Indian girl from Nebraska who journeyed approximately 1,400 miles to Washington D.C. to meet the President in 1821-1822. There she became one of the first and youngest Plains Indian Women Ambassadors in history. Her portrait and her husband’s portrait have been on display in the White House since First Lady Jackie Kennedy put them there, 140 years later, in 1962.
Lukesh is a multi-award-winning author and a former teacher and librarian who lives in Central Nebraska. She often gives history and book presentations across the state, and can be contacted at JeanLukesh@aol.com or through her website at www.fieldmousebooks.com.
Social Media Tags:The Doorstep Orphan, Moonbeam Children’s Book Award, Independent Book Publishers Association, children’s poet
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution - SubmitMyPressRelease.com
CaymanMama.com - Press Release Distribution Service
- Child Custody: A Guide to the Holidays for Separated and Divorced Parents
- Raleigh Divorce Lawyers Create Web Portal with Info on North Carolina Family Law
- Child Support in North Carolina: Part I
- Be Instantly Accessible With The Right Legal Website Design
- Vlogging an Emerging Internet Marketing Trend for Lawyers
- The Importance of a Law Firm’s website URL For SEO
- SEO Maybe the Most Cost Effective Marketing for Lawyers
- Simple Steps for Great Law Firm Internet Marketing
- Weighing SEO and PPC for Law Firm Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Reaches Audience More Effectively