Low Quality Care in Adult Daycare Centers May Constitute Medical Malpractice2013-07-01 20:53:27 (GMT) (Caymanmama.com - Law Press Release News)
06/26/2013 // New York Injury Accident Lawyer // Jonathan C. Reiter // (press release)
There has been growing concern expressed by advocates for the elderly regarding some adult day care programs in New York. Unlike childcare facilities, these establishments are not required to obtain licenses and are not subjected to the same type of inspection process by government agencies. Still many are able to qualify for receipt of payments from Medicaid. The lack of oversight has yielded disastrous results, with complaints of patients being administered poor quality care and in some cases being left victims of malpractice or elder care abuse.
In a WNYC blog report, advocates suggest the ease of opening these types of centers is attributable to a Medicaid overhaul, which changed the terms enabling them to receive funding. Because Medicaid can now reimburse more of these programs, money is said to be a motivating factor for opening a number of the centers. Immigrant and poor communities in the state are quite often the places where the majority of these centers are sprouting up. With greed arguably being a factor, the focus is often shifted from administering quality care to cutting corners to achieve monetary gain.
For New York seniors who are placed in adult day care centers where there is wrongdoing that leads to their harm, they may have a valid claim for medical malpractice. The Law Firm of Jonathan C. Reiter is available to help those in this predicament who need help assessing their legal options.
If you have been injured by the practices of an adult day care facility in New York, contact The Law Firm of Jonathan C. Reiter today to obtain a free evaluation of your case.
Address: New York, NY
Phone: (212) 736-0979
Url: New York Injury Accident Lawyer
CaymanMama.com - Press Release Distribution Service
- Child Custody: A Guide to the Holidays for Separated and Divorced Parents
- Raleigh Divorce Lawyers Create Web Portal with Info on North Carolina Family Law
- Child Support in North Carolina: Part I
- Be Instantly Accessible With The Right Legal Website Design
- Vlogging an Emerging Internet Marketing Trend for Lawyers
- The Importance of a Law Firm’s website URL For SEO
- SEO Maybe the Most Cost Effective Marketing for Lawyers
- Simple Steps for Great Law Firm Internet Marketing
- Weighing SEO and PPC for Law Firm Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Reaches Audience More Effectively