British Tourist Who Lost Leg in NYC Cab Accident Sues City for $27.5M2013-12-14 14:53:35 (GMT) (Caymanmama.com - News Providers News)
12/11/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, N.Y.—The British tourist, who lost her leg when a taxi slammed into her on a New York City sidewalk on August 20, 2013, is suing the city for $27.5 million based on claims that the cabbie should have never been on the road in the first place, reports New York Daily News.
Sian Green, 24, lost her leg after a taxi, driven by Faysal Himon, hit her on West 49th Street and 6th Avenue.
According to documents filed by Green’s attorney, Green claims that Himon should have never been on the road at the time of the accident because his license should have been suspended. Himon has seven points on his license for motor vehicle violations, which should have prompted the Taxi & Limousine Commission to suspend his license before the accident even occurred.
The Manhattan district attorney’s office said last month that it would not press charges against Himon for the accident, because they found no criminal liability following an investigation.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York automobile accident lawyers.
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
CaymanMama.com - Press Release Distribution Service
- Child Custody: A Guide to the Holidays for Separated and Divorced Parents
- Raleigh Divorce Lawyers Create Web Portal with Info on North Carolina Family Law
- Child Support in North Carolina: Part I
- Be Instantly Accessible With The Right Legal Website Design
- Vlogging an Emerging Internet Marketing Trend for Lawyers
- The Importance of a Law Firm’s website URL For SEO
- SEO Maybe the Most Cost Effective Marketing for Lawyers
- Simple Steps for Great Law Firm Internet Marketing
- Weighing SEO and PPC for Law Firm Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Reaches Audience More Effectively