Spinal Cord Injured: Robots Her To Stay Says Dr. Greg Vigna, MD, JD

2015-10-21 14:42:22 (GMT) (Caymanmama.com - News Providers Press Release News)

Print & Social Options


Sacramento, CA, 10/19/2015 /SubmitPressRelease123/

Pudendal neuralgia is the most catastrophic injury caused by the transvaginal mesh procedures used to treat stress urinary incontinence (SUI) and pelvic organ prolapse (POP).  In a vast majority of cases this condition is caused by a “properly” placed device, which directly causes damage to the nerve, entraps the nerve, or over time causes traction on the nerve.   A June of 2015 article in the International Journal of Impotence Research now indicates there are previously unknown anatomic variations in the course that the pudendal nerve follows within the pelvis. These results indicate that the procedures referred to as the so-called “outside-in” transobturator tape (Monarc type device) for SUI might endanger one of the branches in obese women.  Another significant finding was variations in the course of the nerve which are related to specific ancestry, which have not been previously described in the medical literature.

 

Transvaginal Mesh Pudendal Neuralgia Opt Out Attorney Greg Vigna, MD, JD, comments, “All of the devices used in POP and all devices used in SUI that pierce the obturator membrane are unreasonably dangerous.  The risk of injury to the pudendal nerve causes a catastrophic pain syndrome that limits any meaningful mobility, and interferes with bladder, bowel, and sexual function.  This study simply provides another example of common sense research that should have been done prior to bringing these devices quickly to market.”  

 

Dr. Vigna adds, “Pudendal neuralgia is a condition that destroys lives and families.  Now that the MDL Settlements are progressing and providing relief to 97% of injured women, there is a path to the courthouse for the remaining, most injured 2-3% who suffer with this condition.  As a practicing physician I understand this can be more debilitating than paraplegia.  Individual litigation is necessary to provide real relief for these women to rebuild their lives and obtain the necessary medical care now and into the future.  I anticipate over the next five to ten years there will be hundreds of brave women with this ‘man made’ pudendal neuralgia who will take the stand and tell their story until the sales of these devices stop.” says Vigna.

 

Press Contact

Dr. Greg Vigna, MD, JD

T: 800-761-9206

https://pudendalportal.lifecare123.com/

 

Connect with Dr. Greg Vigna, MD, JD

on Facebook, Twitter, or  Google+

Watch various videos on this topic. http://tvm.lifecare123.com/page/videos.html

#GregVigna

News Provided By: Submit Press Release 123 



Social Media Tags:transvaginal mesh, Spinal Cord Injured, Dr. Greg Vigna, MD, JD

Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution - SubmitMyPressRelease.com

Like Us on Facebook



CaymanMama.com - Press Release Distribution Service

Comments

Comments are closed.



Articles



Online Press Release Distribution| Submit Press Release Here

Owner: CaymanMama.com